The carbon market creates opportunities for a number of businesses and organizations. With its central position, Coop Carbone assists its members and partners to take advantage of opportunities.
Coop Carbone engages with three types of partners:
- Technological partners. These are businesses that posses technologies, primary materials, expertise or competency in R&D that can be put to use to reduce GHG emissions. Coop Carbone consolidates needs in this area and thus helps to facilitate access to these natural markets.
- Financial partners. A number of financial institutions would like to invest in projects and businesses that are both green and profitable, but they do not have access to a steady stream of opportunities nor do they have the capacity to analyse risk in these new sectors. Coop Carbone provides expertise in identifying opportunities and developing custom-made solutions adapted to its partners’ needs.
- Organizational partners. Some stakeholders have interest that align particularly well with the solutions that Coop Carbone is developing for its members. We are thinking specifically of industrial associations, public authorities and some key private actors.
Coop Carbone has in-depth knowledge of the market and can offer this knowledge to its partners through strategic consulting:
- What are the potential scenarios for the evolution of the market, in one sector versus another?
- What are the impacts of my business model?
- How can I achieve multiple objectives and integrate sustainable development into my operations?
In addition to the strategic aspect, Coop Carbone is establishing partnerships that are diverse in nature and based on the needs of each partner. Here are some possible examples:
- Setting up and managing pools of capital that seek to meet specific objectives
- Developing bespoke business solutions for the members of an industrial association
- Establishing a neutral and independent database to distribute precise and reliable information on specific technologies